count me in

22 May 2010

crouching in the shadows

Why do you sit there? The floor is dirty...

Curled up into a ball, what are you afraid of? Are you not cold? Such a small frame, curled up in the shadows, hiding from the world. You cover your face, your eyes, your tears; but you don't fool me. I am blind at the moment, but I still know you are reaching out. You are lonely, tired and scared. People walk past you, as if it were normal, as if you are insignificant - and you feel insignificant.

If only... if only I had the courage, the strength.. the strength to lend out my hand and support you. But I... even I am reaching out for a hand. However, the thought has crossed my mind, maybe together this world won't seem so crazy. Maybe... no. I will be stronger, I will be stable. I will be your rock.

So don't hide any more. My hands aren't reaching for you, my arms are calling for you and let them warm your heart. Tears are reserved for the dead and happiness. Now... now there is nothing to fear. Stand up on your two feet and be MY rock when I falter.


To... my pet rock.

~~~~

Victim of the media, no casualty of the media. I wish not to walk that path. This is exactly what they want people to do. I never actually thought it would work.

~~~~

"So one day I walked down my street and I get called racist names by the neighbour hood kids. Any fool and beat them up, they are probably 5-8 years younger than me. But it takes someone special to smile and walk away, without feeling bad. "

- Don't lose sight of what is important.

No comments: