count me in

07 November 2010

amai kamo

hmm since I don't sleep till about 1.30 anyways
I may as well get out some of the thoughts out.

Well I do think about random stuff people don't normally think about =]

So... ehh well why can't it be like the olden times. Things used to be simple.
We'd fight over land, fight over food and we'd fight for fun.
We'd use fists and whatever we were born with, ie. skin, bone etc.

You'd worry about when you next get to eat. Obesity was never a problem, and diseases were just sent from the heavens above.

In wars, and I can call them wars, they'd use swords, bows and shields. They'd fight with honour in armour they bought/won/got given.

Today we don't have time to fight against others. It isn't accepted to fight. But my guess is, that is because we are fighting against ourselves. The more we know the more we have to pick at. People are being diagnosed and treated with drugs, whereas back then they'd just chuck salt at you and say man up.

Everything that once was worked hard for is now taken for granted. I mean decent and fresh food turned into fast food - kept in freezers for goodness know how long.

Today, we fight for justice, we fight for reason that go beyond our petty foolishness, but to what end?

I have no point. There is no point.

I am not bashing modern society - of course not! dont be silly.
just that, well, just midnight ramblings =]


~~~~~~~

music: Jay'ed - Luv is...
I have been quite addicted to duets lately. Probably means something - who knows.


~~~~~~~


I know it isn't time to reflect on the year yet, but I think this year, I learnt more studies than about myself, relative to last year. Should have been the other way around but it seems this year I have been quite absorbed in the distractions life present to me. Rather than taking time to think things through, things just keep popping up. Constantly yelling for my attention. The result of this is that I cannot put enough mind into each.

The fast pace life-style of the modern world.

in the end.
I just want to "just man up" and tank everything that comes my way [mentally and emotionally of course] but I guess that isn't how it works.

No comments: